The slow effects of being overweight can build without people realising. Once they have begun, it is a lot harder to manage.
The negative health effects of obesity include:
· Joint damage and arthritis
· Chronic inflammation and slower healing
· Diabetes risk
· Heart problems
· Kidney and liver problems
· Increased pain sensitivity
· Depression and slower thinking (cognitive decline)
· Increased risk of all cancer types
For most of us, small changes in activity, diet type, and timing of eating can show improvements within weeks.