- Exercise: Physical activity increases the bodies natural endorphins thereby brightening one’s mood and invigorates executive abilities.
- Diet: Omega-3 is an essential nutrient for the brain. It feeds the brain and also assists to prevent many brain disorders.
- Stimulants: Stimulants ingested in moderation may have the desired affect of increasing alertness, however, over doing it may cause constant agitation, over alertness, headaches, not to mention insomnia.
- Video Games: At first glance you may question video games being useful. However, many researchers have shown in increase in reaction times, concentration and speed of decision making.
- Music: Stimulating all parts of the cortex, music can soothe moods and enhance emotions.
- Meditation: Inner reflection has endless qualities, it helps with stress, depression, concentration, relaxation and more.
Reference – Anthes, E. (2009). Six ways to boost brainpower. Scientific American Mind, 20(1), 56-63.